There are several different natural ways to moisturize skin. I want to share some of the ways with you all. These are the moisturizers that I deem vital or feel like that are a good addition to your skin care routine. Your skin naturally produces oil, called sebum. Sebum helps protect the skin from moisture loss, but everyday actions like forgetting to put on moisturizer and other daily things tend to strip natural oils from the skin. Those of us who do not suffer from acne can use oils can help restore skin’s sheen and protective barrier. Acne is caused by an overproduction of sebum.
Benefits of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera gel could be your new favorite moisturizer. It’s good for a lot more than burns. If you are looking for a moisturizer that will not weigh your skin down then you should think about using aloe Vera gel. … Aloe Vera has a good reputation for improving acne and clearing up clogged pores.
Aloe Vera gel absorbs easily, which makes it really good for oily skin. Sometimes too much of a good thing can be bad for your, or your skin in this case, so you do not want to get too happy with the gel because excessive use can dry the skin out. There are no special instructions written for Aloe Vera. As usual, ALWAYS do a skin patch test, if it starts to dry out your skin just scale back your usage until you have corrected the problem.
Benefits of Avocado
The avocado (Persea americana) hails from south central Mexico between 5,000 to 7,000 B.C. Archaeologists in Peru found avocado seeds that date all the way back to the time of the Incas. Sir Hans Sloane is believed to be the one who coined the word “avocado” in 1696. The avocado is packed full of healthy benefits.
The fruit is jam-packed a bunch of rich nature goodness It is an excellent wellspring of twenty vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B, C, E and K, riboflavin, niacin, folic acid, pantothenic acid, magnesium, potassium, lutein, beta-carotene, omega-3 fatty acids and anti-ageing antioxidants.
Avocado face masks recipes
Because of its high healthy fat, vitamin and antioxidant properties that it possesses, using the avocado face mask can leave the skin feeling softer. Here are a few recipes to try out:
Avocado, honey, and yogurt
Honey and avocado have natural moisturizing properties that are great for dry skin. The anti-ageing antioxidants in avocado make this an excellent mask for a more youthful appearance. The lactic acid in the yogurt restores the natural pH balance of the skin, and tightens the pores.
- Take a spoon and mash up half of an avocado and put it into a small bowl with some organic yogurt and honey.
- Mix until it is blended well together and apply to the skin after first washing your face initially.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes, or until it has hardened
- Thoroughly rinse off the mask with warm water. Ensure that you wash your face good because avocado is hard to get out of the eyebrows or facial hair (for guys) sometimes.
Repeat weekly for the best results.
Avocado, banana, egg yolk mask
This mask possesses high levels of antioxidants and vitamin C contained in bananas. They are great for maintaining the skin’s elasticity. Bananas contain vitamin A, this can leave the skin moisturized. Egg yolk contains fat that serves to plump up the skin, which leaves it more supple. Egg yolk also contains vitamin A it is also known as retinal and thus, is an excellent anti-ageing ingredient.
- Mix half a ripe banana, egg yolk and half an avocado to form a paste and smear all over cleansed skin.
- Leave on for 20 minutes or until mask has hardened some.
Avocado, egg white, and lemon mask
Lemon is antibacterial and contains vitamin C, these properties fight oily skin. The egg white helps to tighten the skin, it makes a reputable natural remedy to fight acne.
- Stir up the egg white until it is bubbly like the foam of a beer, combine with half an avocado, mashed up, and a good amount ( use your own discretion) of freshly squeezed lemon juice to create a paste.
- Apply the paste to your skin and leave on till dry
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
Due to the harshness of the lemon, do your best to avoid getting the mask near the eyes and rinse off if the mask starts to irritate. ( Avoid this mask if you have sensitive skin or if you have had an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients listed above.)
Homemade Oatmeal Honey Mask
Benefits of oatmeal
Oatmeal has 18 different amino acids, these little guys are essential to healthy skin. They act as building blocks for the body, helping to rebuild tissue and promote healing.
Oatmeal has skin-soothing properties and it is hypoallergenic. These characteristics can also help alleviate rashes and allergic reactions, and other skin damage.
Oatmeal by itself will not moisturize your skin, it is a beneficial part in a moisturizing face mask. Oatmeal helps your skin retain moisture.
- Mix 2 tbsp of oats with a tablespoon of honey and a dash of water.
- Warm up the mixture, then rubbing it into your skin.
- You can use it just to exfoliate and wash it off right away, or leave it on for 20 minutes.
Benefits of milk
Milk is rich in B-vitamins, calcium and other potent antioxidants. It nourishes skin cells from deep within and keep skin moisturized all day.
Darker skin tones and hyper pigmentation can be rectified by applying raw milk on the trouble spots. The high lactic acid content not only has skin-lightening properties.
Beta hydroxy is a lactic acid, a form of alpha hydroxy acid found in raw milk. This potent alpha hydroxy acid mildly gets rid of excess dead cells off the skin’s surface, revealing soft skin underneath.
- Dip a cotton ball in some milk and dab gently all over your dry skin.
- Let it to sit for 20 minutes.
- When the mask is drying up, DO NOT move your face because you may stretch the mask which will lead to fine lines.
- Wash off with cool water.
There are plenty of natural ways to moisturize skin, honestly, too many to place in this article. I hope what I did write helps someone. As I always say, you should aim to take care of your skin underneath the makeup you put on your face. The health of your skin is very important. Your face is the first thing people see when they approach you or you approach them. The examples I listed above are unisex, they can be used for males and females, I try not to leave anyone out when I am writing my posts.
Please leave a comment below